Saturday, June 13, 2009

Memories from a Daughter In law


I have been blessed with two mothers...
I grew up under my own mother's care and guidance...and I grew into a woman following the example of my mother-in-law...
Lucille was mostly my best friend...
I could spill out my worries and complaints and she would listen...
Whenever my cup was half empty, she would fill it half full...
I could confide in her knowing my secrets were safe...
She was always there...
If I needed a buddy to go to the movies or out to dinner, she was available...
She would answer the need for help with the kids without hesitation... and was a lifesaver when it came to school programs, swim meets, recitals, carpooling, homework projects...a never ending list....
Lucille did not boast about her faith...she was an illustration of her faith...she was unselfish and always put others first...
Her three children inherited a treasure of attributes from their mother...I'm such a slow learner...but I strive daily to be just like her...
I have been so blessed to have her in my life...her love will be dearly missed, but remembered always...

No comments:

Post a Comment